Our Nursery offers provision from when a child turns 2 years of age until they enter Reception in the September after they turn 4 years of age.
For 2 year olds we offer paid places (full days or morning only), and local authority places in the mornings only (for 5 days, other flexible options are also availble). For 3 and 4 year olds all our places are free of charge, full day, places.
Exceptional Nursery provision
We have invested significantly in ensuring our Nursery children get the very best start to life at KSA.
The building is purpose built as our nursery, co-designed with Early Years specialists to ensure it is the most enabling environment for our primary users: your children! Every decision about every piece of furniture, every peg and every light switch was made with your children in mind. We invested in high quality Community Playthings resources and furnishings, so the environment is inspiring, comfortable and safe.
Children free flow every day into our extra-ordinary outdoor learning environment. Designed by our team and Early Years experts, we created an amazing space for children to exercise and learn across all seventeen learning areas and develop their independence, imagination and self-confidence. Children have access to a woodland space with a tree house, sand pits, sensory and mud kitchens, climbing frames, water features and even a performance area.
Age 2+ provision
We opened our provision for 2-year-olds in September 2021. We are delighted to seize the opportunity to build relationships with our families from such a young age, building the foundations that will help our pupils to be happy and nurtured in the nursery years.
Our 2-year-old provision:
- Provides a loving, caring and safe environment for your child to grow and flourish
- Benefits from a specially designed nursery building and an exceptional outdoor learning environment across three different spaces
- Fully integrates into our long-term curriculum vision for 3-year-olds, 4-year-olds and into Reception and beyond
The timings of the day are set up so that siblings can conveniently attend the 3-year-old and primary school day. Pupils who attend the 2-year-old nursery retain their nursery place when they become 3 years old, when full time (8.30-3.30pm provision) is available - without cost - to all families.
Age 3+ provision
Our Nursery environment is characterised by the formation of extremely positive and influential relationships between the school, pupils and their parents. We aim to support the development of the whole child, including their upbringing at home. Our curriculum is rich and varied teachers are encouraged to dream big in their curriculum choices to inspire and engage pupils.
Our 3-year-old provision:
- Has opportunities to learn more formally including the foundations of phonics where initial sounds are learnt in a fun and interactive way
- A curriculum which supports language, vocabulary and number development so that children are well prepared for learning in reception.
- A rich, stimulating and inspiring indoor and outdoor environment where there is space to learn and children can follow their own interests in play. We believe our ‘integrated day’ supports children to become confident, curious learners!
- Our 3-year-old provision is available full time (8.30 – 3.30pm) without cost to all families