The Parent Council is made up of KSA parents who have committed to work with the school to make KSA the best it can be. At the start of the 2019-20 year, to adapt to the fact we became a larger, merged school across two sites, we updated the structure of the Parent Council. This structure served us well throughout two years of covid disruption so we continued it into 2022-23 and will do so again in 2023-24. The details are shared here:
- Two working groups
- Parent Consultation Committee, which would focus on consultation and feedback
- Parent Fundraising and Events Committee which organises fund raising and community events.
- Volunteer Agreement and Parent Council Code of Conduct allowing clarity about what is expected of council members. This would also include completing DBS checks of all council members and publishing their identities online and on the school website in order to both raise their profile and to provide the opportunity for them to work more closely with school staff and, over time, lead events.
- Increasing parent participation and representation By maximising involvement in the two committees, and encouraging involvement in school events and fundraising
How it works
There will be one Parent Council meeting every half term that will run online on MS Teams. The Parent Council meeting will run in place of the weekly Virtual Coffee Morning.
Where the Virtual Coffee Mornings provide an opportunity for parents to find out more about certain areas of school life, the Parent Council meetings will be a chance to:
- Feedback to the Senior Leadership Team any current concerns or successes
- Share information with other parents
Who will lead it?
Each subcommittee would be co-chaired by a parent and a member of staff (a member of the senior leadership team). They would co-create the agenda before the meeting and follow-up on actions, including feeding back to the wider parent council. The fundraising committee would also appoint a treasurer. Members of each committee would be able to put themselves forward to be nominated for these leadership roles.
Parent Council Consultation Committee 2023-24
The committee will meet to discuss key areas of feedback from parents and to allow the school to consult parents on their views.
- Tuesday 12th September at 9:00am, in person
- Tuesday 14th November at 9:30am, online
- Tuesday 23rd January at 9:30am, online
- Tuesday 12th March at 9:30am, online
- Tuesday 30th April at 9:30am, online
- Tuesday 25th June at 9:30am, online
Parent Council Fundraising & Events Committee 2023-24
The committee will meet to arrange events to build a sense of community and to fundraise for the school.
- Friday 22nd September at 9:00am, in person
- Tuesday 21st November at 9:30am, online
- Tuesday 30th January at 9:30am, online
- Tuesday 5th March at 9:30am, online
- Tuesday 23rd April at 9:30am, online
- Tuesday 2nd July at 9:30am, online