September 2020 Admissions
KSA Sixth Form Entry for September 2020: apply here
Our sixth form specialises in getting students to the best universities and top apprenticeships. In 2019 70% of our Year 13 cohort went on to a top 30 university or highly competitive apprenticeship.
We are now welcoming applications from external students for September 2020. To apply please complete the online application form here.
To understand what we are looking for and the application process please see below. Our subject offer can be found here.
Current KSA Yr11 students (Internal applicants)
For students who are already studying at KSA we will be holding a taster day on Monday 4th November. This will give you the opportunity to sample a range of subjects at sixth form and get a feel for life at sixth form. After the taster day, we will then open applications with the deadline for internal students being Friday 22nd November.
Another day in January 2020 to be announced shortly, watch this space!
The Application Timeline
- First round applications open: 17th October
- First round application deadline: 10th January 2020
- Sixth form interviews round 1: January and February 2020
- First round offers sent: February Half Term
- Second round application deadline: 28th Feb 2020
- Sixth form interviews round 2: March 2020
- Second round offers sent: Easter Holiday
KSA Year 11 Students
- Taster Day: 4th November
- Advisory on applying to sixth form: 6th November – applications open
- Application deadline: 22nd November
- Interviews: Nov-Dec 2019
- Offers sent: 18th December 2019
Minimum entry requirements:
To access 6th form, students need the following minimum entry requirements, to ensure that they can be successful on their chosen course:
A levels: Six grades at level 6 or above (and grade 7 for Maths or Science)
Business BTEC (Level 3): Five grades at grade 5 or above
The school will consider each applicant on a case by case basis including any extenuating circumstances.
Our application process mirrors the application process for university. We expect applicants to write a personal statement which outlines:
- Reasons for subject choice - why are you passionate about your chosen subjects?
- Personal character – why will you be an asset to our sixth form? What have you done to show that you are ready to be a great member of our community?
- Ambitions for the future – what are your goals? Why are you applying to sixth form? What do you hope to achieve?
We are looking for students who share our ambitions and expectations for excellence and embody our school values of:
- Aim High
- Work Together
- Be Kind
- Lead the Way
We look forward to receiving your application and beginning your sixth form journey with us.
For more information please contact: