September 2019 Key Updates
We are looking forward to welcoming all pupils back to school on Monday 9th September. Below are links to our website where you can find important information ahead of the new term.
- Key Dates We have summarised the key dates for all parents to be aware of for the term ahead and you can find these here
- Timings of the school day Pupils at the Younger Years Site (Nursery to Year 4) should arrive between 8.20am and 8.30am, they end at 3.30pm (2.50pm on Monday); Older Years Site pupils (Year 5 to 13) should arrive between 8.10am and 8.20am. Their day ends at 4pm (3pm on Monday). Details can be found here.
- Uniform All pupils will be expected school to attend in full uniform, including a KSA bag and smart, black shoes. A summary of the required uniform can be found here,
- Attendance We want to support all pupils to aim to have 100% attendance. However, if your child is unwell or required to attend an urgent medical appoint, please click here to find out about how to report absence.
- PSHE An overview of the PSHE curriculum this term for each year group can be found here.
- Parent Council Are you interested in representing the parent community as part of the Parent Council? If you are, click here to find out about more about how we have changed the way it works for the year ahead and to find out about how to get involved.
- Mobile Phones (Years 5 to 11 only) Following our announcement in July, a reminder that no pupils in Years 5 to 11 are allowed to bring Smartphones to school. All internet enabled / camera phones are banned from the Older Years Site at King Solomon Academy and will be confiscated if found. Click here for more information.
- Primary Behaviour Update In bringing together the primary behaviour approaches from KSA and APG we will be following the primary behaviour approach from APG to include pupils who make poor choices serving a short detention at the end of the day rather than the next lunch time (as was the case at KSA last year). More details can be found here.
- Primary Breakfast Club Booking of Breakfast Club can be made by emailing Parents@kingsolomonacademy.org. It is free for pupils eligible for Free School Meals, or there is a half termly charge of £30 for other pupils. More information can be found here.
- Secondary Breakfast Club Booking of Breakfast Club years 7 to 9 can be made by emailing Parents@kingsolomonacademy.org. It is free for FSM pupils or £30/half-term for non-FSM.
- Primary After School Care Booking of After School care for pupils in Nursery to Year 6 is now open. More information can be found here.
If you have any questions about the start of term, please do reach out to your child’s head of year, or email email@example.com stating your child’s name and year group if you are not sure of the contact details for the head of year.