Admissions policy and Open Days
Please note, the proposed changes to the admissions policy are highlighted in yellow. It is expected the changes will be confirmed by the Department for Education in September 2018 to take effect in September 2019.
King Solomon Academy Reception in September 2019
King Solomon Academy's main entry point is Reception. Parents with children who will be 4 years old on 1 September 2019 should apply for a place in Reception for September 2019 entry. This year of entry is different to previous years because King Solomon Academy's Nursery to Year 4 provision, including Reception, will be based at a different location to the current King Solomon Academy site. In order to expand the school, King Solomon Academy is joining together with Ark Paddington Green Primary Academy, and the two schools will become one school, King Solomon Academy, in September 2019. By choosing King Solomon Academy for your child to start school you are placing them in an all-through school with an automatic place in primary and secondary. The first five years of education will take place at the Younger Years Site (current Ark Paddington Green site, W2 1ND), which has extensive outdoor space including a large exclusive use early years outdoor play environment. They will then automatically transfer to the Older Years Site (Years 5 to 13; the current King Solomon Academy site) where they benefit from a broad curriculum offer and specialist facitlies. This all-through journey means your child can thrive in one ambitious and joined up community over the whole of their eduation.
The national closing date for Reception applications is Tuesday 15 January 2019 and the national offer date is Wednesday 16 April 2019. To apply go to: eAdmissions
King Solomon Academy Nursery in September 2019 (for 2 year olds and 3 years olds)
A brand new, spacious and well equipped nursery will be built on the Younger Years site (at W2 1ND), with up to 90 full time or part time places will be completed by summer 2019 for pupils to start in September 2019. All local parents of 2 and 3 year olds including those eligible for 3 year old 30 hours working family funding are welcome to apply. Our nursery provision will be supported by dedciated leadership and fully qualified staff, all working within the wider King Solomon Academy team.
Although our main entry date is in September, we also accept mid year applications for Nursery, once children they have turned 2. For details of the funding and costs associated with 2 and 3 year old provision, please visit the Nursery section of the website. Please note that a nursery place at King Solomon Academy does not automatically guarantee a place in Reception.
The deadline for aplications to nursery for September 2019 is Friday 19th April 2019. Nursery admissions are made either in writing, by picking up a Nursery application form from the academy reception or printing the form here. Alternatively, you can submit the information by clicking here: e-Nursery Admission Form.
Open Days for Nursery and Reception Admission for September 2019
From September 2019, the Reception classes will start their KSA journey through until Year 4 at a different site to the older pupils. As part of our Open Days we invite all prospective parents to visit both sites (they are a short walk apart).
Dates for Open Days for pupils starting in Nursery and Reception for 2019 are as follows:
- Monday 15th October - 9am at King Solomon Academy Older Years Site (Penfold Street, NW1 6RU). The tour will move the Younger Years Site (Crompton Street, London W2 1ND), starting the tour there at 10am and finishing at 10.30am. The Younger Years site currently houses Ark Paddington Green Primary Academy, but from September 2019 this school will merge and the site will become the home of King Solomon Academy Younger Years (Nursery to Year 4).
- Tuesday 20th November - 9am at King Solomon Academy Older Years Site (Penfold Street, NW1 6RU). The tour will move the Younger Years Site (Crompton Street, London W2 1ND), starting the tour there at 10am and finishing at 10.30am. The Younger Years site currently houses Ark Paddington Green Primary Academy, but from September 2019 this school will merge and the site will become the home of King Solomon Academy Younger Years (Nursery to Year 4).
- Tuesday 11th December 2pm at King Solomon Academy Younger Years Site (Crompton Street, London W2 1ND, currently Ark Paddington Green), moving to the Older Years Site at 3pm, ending at 3.30pm
- Wednesday 9th January - 9am at King Solomon Academy Older Years Site (Penfold Street, NW1 6RU). The tour will move the Younger Years Site (Crompton Street, London W2 1ND), starting the tour there at 10am and finishing at 10.30am. The Younger Years site currently houses Ark Paddington Green Primary Academy, but from September 2019 this school will merge and the site will become the home of King Solomon Academy Younger Years (Nursery to Year 4).
If you would like any additional information or to speak to someone about the open days please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 020 7563 6900.
There is no Secondary admission point to King Solomon Academy. In September 2019 Year 6 pupils of King Solomon Academy and Ark Paddington Green will automatically transfer to Year 7. As such, there will be no or very few places available for children attending other primary schools. Applicants looking for Year 7 places are strongly advised to apply for other schools.
Sixth Form Admissions
The Sixth Form part of the website gives all the spesific details around admission to 6th form and can be found here.
King Solomon Academy is a non-denominational, non-selective school for local children. If the academy is oversubscribed, priority is given to pupils with statements of special educational needs where the academy is named on the statement. The remaining places are then offered in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- Children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or -sister resident at the same address)
- Children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage)
The remaining places will be allocated children who live closest to the school, using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance to the child’s home.
PLEASE BE AWARE: As Year 6 pupils of King Solomon Academy will automatically transfer to Year 7, there will be no or very few places available for children attending other primary schools. Applicants for this school are strongly advised to apply for other schools.
Westminster co-ordinates admissions for Reception to Year 11. Applications must be made via the Westminster Council’s Admissions team on 020 7745 6433.
There are 60 school places available per year group. Westminster keeps a waiting list which is used to fill casual vacancies occurring if pupils leave during the year. Application forms for in-year admissions can be obtained direct from the school or from Westminster's admissions team. An online application form can be downloaded by clicking here
September 2017 entry
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Year 7 or Reception class in September 2017 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
|Offer date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Secondary||1 March 2017||19 April 2017|
|after 19 April 2017 (late appeals)|
|Primary||18 April 2017||20 May 2017|
|after 20 May 2017 (late appeals)|
‘On-time’ appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network.
Any additional evidence parents/carers wish to submit in support of their appeal must be sent to the external agency at least 5 working days before the hearing. Any evidence not submitted by this deadline may not be considered by the independent appeal panel.
If you wish to appeal for a place in year 7, please click here for the secondary appeal form.
Please contact email@example.com or the academy if you need a paper form.